2015-2016 Pitzer Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
International Political Economy
The International Political Economy (IPE) major investigates the intersection between economics and politics in the global environment. It encourages the integrated analysis of global problems and issues using the tools and methods of political studies and economics.
Students undertaking the IPE major are expected to:
- Gain an appreciation for competing theoretical perspectives;
- Learn to consider the multiple and overlapping economic and political linkages between and among global actors;
- Learn to engage in critical and creative thinking;
- Master the application of different methodological tools to analysis of IPE issues;
- Gain field experience abroad; and
- Apply these tools and develop expertise through senior year research on a particular IPE problem or issue.
Pitzer Advisers: G. Herrera, E. Stephens, N. Boyle, L. Tongun.